Maybe you’re new to the area… or maybe your old shop closed. Whatever the reason, there may come a time when you have to look for a new repair shop. But how do you choose the right one?
How To Pick An Auto Repair Shop
When it comes to trying to find a good car mechanic, it can be a difficult decision. Here are some tips to keep in mind on how to choose the right auto shop:
- Start with recommendations from friends and family. See who other people in your neighborhood use.
- Once you have a few names, go on line and research those shops. Start with their web sites. Do they present a professional presence? Do they have relationships with organizations that serve the public, such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB), American Automobile Association (AAA), or the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association (ATRA)?
- Check customer feedback. Is the majority of their feedback positive? Keep in mind, sometimes you’ll find a negative comment for even the most reliable service provider. But the feedback should be overwhelmingly positive.
- Consider a franchise shop. Don’t forget the benefits of doing business with a franchise shop, such as your nearby Cottman. They offer several advantages: To begin with, the franchise has its own standards for honesty, integrity, and technical proficiency that every center must abide by.
- Finally, visit the shop. Do they present a professional appearance? Do they greet you with a friendly demeanor? Do they have their technicians’ certifications displayed proudly in their waiting room?
If you can answer “yes” to all these questions, you’ve probably found a reliable, honest, and capable shop. Take your car there with confidence.
Quality Auto Service Center
When it comes to customer service, Cottman takes pride in leaving our customers with positive experiences. Cottman’s corporate office keeps close watch on their franchisees. If you have a problem with a Cottman center, the home office will examine the situation on your behalf. And a shop that doesn’t meet their high standards won’t continue to display the Cottman sign for long!